Special buildings such as industrial buildings and power plants usually have extensive electrical and mechanical requirements which do not lend themselves to any sophisticated formwork system. As a result, they should be constructed using the traditional formwork method.
Some of the factors that enable the contractor to decide whether to use a formwork system or a traditional forming method are:
1. Variation of column and wall location
2. Variation of beam depth and location
3. Variation of story height
4. Existence of blockouts and openings for windows and doors
5. Extensive HVAC requirements
В. One-way Slab, Supported by Beans or Walls
Figure 5.3 One-way slabs.