The tunnel formwork system has many characteristics that make it flexible in the construction site.
• The forms can be designed for different sized rooms. To use standard tunnel formwork, the wall should be at least 7.5 ft (2.29 m) high and should not be higher than 10 ft (3.04 m).
• The preassembled forms require no make-up area.
• The all-steel forms with fewer joints and ties provide an excellent concrete finish with little deflection.
• The tunnel forms can be reused 500 to 1000 times.
• Windows and doors can be easily moved from floor to floor. However, to achieve maximum productivity, opening sizes and location should be the same from floor to floor.