With the advancement of technology in the construction field, limitations of a system or technique are often reduced. The result is increased efficiency in costs and time, versatility, quality, and
safety. Every formwork system, including the self-raising forms, has its limitations and range of uses.
• Members of the manufacturer’s staff experienced in operating the forms are needed for several weeks for field service and to train workers, which may introduce added costs.
• Site must be fairly accessible since forms are preassembled and may be large in size.
• An accurate wall footprint must be built as a starter wall using conventional wall forming.
• The initial cost of the self-raising system is much larger than other formwork systems.
• The formwork system is economically used only for structures 20 stories or higher.
Changes in wall size and/or location during construction are expensive and impact schedule.