Develop Commissioning Specifications
The commissioning tasks for the contractors will be identified in the commissioning specifications and will include the following:
• General commissioning requirements common to all systems and assemblies
• Detailed description of the responsibilities of all parties
• Details of the commissioning process (i. e., schedule and sequence of activities)
• Reporting and documentation requirements and formats
• Alerts to coordination issues
• Deficiency resolution
• Commissioning meetings
• O&M manuals
• Construction checklists
• Functional testing process and specific functional test requirements including testing
• Conditions and acceptance criteria
• As-built drawings
Specifications must clearly indicate who is witnessing and documenting startup of each commissioned system. Specifications must also clearly indicate who is writing, directing, conducting, and documenting functional tests.
The CxA and the A/E must work together to ensure that commissioning requirements are fully integrated and coordinated in the project specifications.