Project Lifecycle of the Construction Manager
1. If appropriate, lead the RFQ process for commissioning services and award a contract to a Commissioning Agent directly under the Construction Manager.
2. Include commissioning process activities and requirements into all general contractor bid packages.
3. Work with the commissioning team to develop a schedule for commissioning activities and incorporate commissioning activities into the overall project schedule.
4. Provide personnel with the means and authority to coordinate implementation of the commissioning process as detailed in the contract documents.
5. Attend commissioning team meetings (3 design review meetings and monthly construction stage Cx team meetings).
6. Coordinate with the Commissioning Agent in the development of a commissioning plan.
7. Perform quality control functions, particularly in the areas of design reviews for constructability and inspection.
8. Participate in and assist with the functional testing of all commissioned systems and assemblies.
9. Provide technical expertise such as testing, cost estimating, and resolving disputes.
10. Coordinate and document owner/operator training.
11. Issue a statement that certifies all work has been completed and the facility is operational, in accordance with the contract documents.
12. Coordinate General Contractor remedies for deficiencies identified by the Commissioning Agent during their verification of the installation or tests.
13. Review and comment on the final Commissioning Record.