Recommissioning shall generally include the following:
• Establishing that original basis of design and operation is still appropriate for use, occupancy, tenant agencies and GSA goals, and modify the operations/controls sequencing as appropriate for optimum operations
• Reviewing and benchmarking key systems operations/performance against the Basis of Design
• Evaluating envelope tightness/pressurization by infrared or other methods
• Performing energy analysis
• Recommending repairs/modifkations to optimize building performance
It is important to recognize that at 3-5 years after occupancy, the GSA PM will likely not still be involved with a particular project. Therefore, the Customer Agency will take the lead on facility recommissioning.
Recommissioning shall include Commissioning Agent services. While there are obvious benefits of familiarity, the Customer
Agency may or may not bring back the project Commissioning Agent. Recommissioning is not part of the original CxA’s contract, and therefore the Customer Agency must procure these services through a RFQ/RFP process at the time of recommissioning.